Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pineapple Pastry joy

While JLO was in Taiwan attending our friends wedding, VLing brought him to buy what is apparently the best pineapple pastry in town. I think he was quoted as "if Elaine doesn't like these we are no longer friends". I've been told the queue was half an hour or so, thus I was super eager to try one!

They come individually wrapped with 12 in a box, so they are great as they seem to keep well. I wasn't sure what to expect, and was secretly hoping they would be like giant pineapple tarts (love pineapple tarts that we get during Chinese new year).

When I finally got my hands on one, I was surprised that they looked so perfect. In my head I thought they would be more man-handled and less from a mould. However, the pastry was soft and melted in my mouth, and the pineapple was way less sweet than I expected. Overall, the inside and out work well together, and it really is like an easy to eat giant pineapple tart.

Its a good thing I like them as I now have 24 to eat :) Looks like we can continue to be pals VLing!
close up of the pineapple pastry
copyright elainers
Chia Te packaged goods!
copyright elainers

No comments:

Post a Comment